Frances Woods Redmond

Greenville, South Carolina - Frances Redmond, wife of David Redmond Sr., died unexpectedly on Saturday, February 27, 2010.

She was born in Anderson, to the late W.E. and Bessie Jordan Woods on April 30, 1943. She was a homemaker and member of Freedom Baptist Church.

In addition to her husband, she is survived by her children: David Redmond, Jr., Deborah Silhavy (Jim and son Samuel), Paul Redmond (Tamatha and children William, Nowelle, Peter, and Silas), and Rhoda Flynn (Ken and son Eric). She is also survived by her sister Peggy Batson.

Mrs. Redmond was preceded in death by a sister, Cornelia Poole.

Visitation will be held Tuesday from 6:00 8:00 pm at Thomas McAfee Funeral Home, Downtown. The Funeral Service will be held Wednesday at 2:00 pm at Freedom Baptist Church, 1907 W. Parker Rd., Greenville, SC 29617. Burial to follow the service in Graceland Cemetery West.

Condolences may be sent to the family by visiting

The family is at the residence, 106 Courtney Circle, Greenville, SC.

-- Bro. Redmond's Original Email Concerning the Passing of His Mother --

February 27, 2009

Dear Friends,

Some of you have already received this news, and some will receive another notice through Macedonia's e-mail and/or Facebook. I am sorry for any duplication, but we wanted to let everyone know through every avenue possible.

My mother, Frances Woods Redmond, died last night/early this morning, February 27, 2009. She had been in good health, so we were not expecting her to die. We have had our trailer in the shop to get some needed repairs done, so we had moved in with my parents for a few days. My mother had had some sinus trouble for a few days, so last night she went to bed early. We had gone shopping and returned to my parent's house about 7:00pm. She was already in bed. Around 10:00pm, my dad went to bed. Tamatha and I had stayed up to watch the Olympics. Around 11:00pm, Tamatha heard a noise and asked if it was my dad. A few minutes later, my dad came and said that something was wrong with Mother. We went and tried to revive her, but there was no response. Tamatha called 911 and did some CPR on my mother. The EMS men did CPR for a while at the house, but she never responded. They continued working on her on the way to the hospital and for a while after she was there, but we were prepared, because of her lack of response, for her death. Around 12:30am, they pronounced her dead.

Please forgive me for the details, but it seems to help with the grief. My mother was a very quiet person, but absolutely and completely devoted to her husband and children. She and my dad were also very devoted to our ministry. When it seemed that others did not care, she and my dad would always faithfully support us. They faithfully sent out our NewsLetter each month. She will be sorely missed, but is now at home with her Savior and Dad and Mother.

Thank you in advance for calls and e-mails, some of which we have already received.

Arrangements will probably be a Receiving of Friends on Tuesday with the funeral on Wednesday. Ironically, Tuesday is the one-year anniversary of when my dad had his massive heart attack and we almost lost him.

Even in this unexpected change in life, we know that God is always good and He always does what is best.

Thank you again for your calls and e-mails.

W. Paul Redmond Sr. and Family

Return to the Paul Redmond Family Home Page